Planning For A Greenhouse
Home > School and Government Greenhouse Purchases
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
Choosing your greenhouse location is one of the first steps to the planning process.
When evaluating your options, consider the following recommendations:
- The most ideal sunlight transmission will be obtained if the greenhouse is on the south side of the school with an east-west orientation.
- Putting the greenhouse near deciduous trees if possible will provide partial shade in the summer and allow for maximum sunlight in the winter.
- If your area is prone to high winds, placing the greenhouse near buildings, fences, berms, or trees will help protect it from gusts.
- Stay clear of bright lights that will shine at night (ie, stadium, parking lots, high traffic areas where headlights will shine).
PREPARING A STRONG FOUNDATION
We recommend our
Rion Base Kit
- Easy and Quick Installation
- Not a Permanent Fixture
- It can easily be relocated or lengthened in the future.
- Can Be Backfilled With Pea Gravel
- Great For Drainage
- Predrilled holes for attaching Duckbill Anchor Kits
(suggested for windy areas)
- Build a wood base that the greenhouse can be bolted to and bury it.
- Bolt directly to a concrete pad
- Bolt directly to a wood decking surface